Player picks a number and the carnival wheel is spun. The player wins if the wheel stops on his number.
The carnival wheel is always a very popular game.
The wheel in the video and pictures is a 20 number wheel, but you can have any number you choose, such as 6 or 10.
The wheel is made of 3/4″ plywood, with nails around the outside edge. You may also use pins designed specifically for carnival wheels, but the cost is prohibitive (around $3.00 each). You’ll need about 80 nails.
The bearing may either be purchased (called a Prize Wheel Hub Wheel Assembly – see material list) or adapted from a lazy-susan that can picked up pretty cheap from a garage sale.
The wheel is held up with a 2 x 4 on a stand.
The 2 x 4 is 33″ in length. The stand is made from three pieces of 1/2″ plywood. The top piece of the stand measures 9.25″ x 9.25″. The bottom two pieces each measure 9.25″ x 5″.
The flapper is made from a piece of scrap wood and some rubber from an old tire tube (see picture). You may also choose to purchase this part (see material list below) for about $24. I’ve also seen this item on sale at Amazon.
I’ve adapted a couple of metal brackets to hold the flapper (see pictures). Similar to the flapper, you may buy the flapper bolt for around $20.
The numbers on the wheel may either be painted, or stickers, as seen in the pictures.
The numbered laydown may be either homemade (as illustrated in the video), purchased from a casino supply company, or made at a local sign shop out of vinyl.
- 24″ diameter 3/4 plywood
- One 2 x 4, measuring 33″
- One 24″ x 24″ sheet of plywood
- One bearing – available from a home improvement store
- 100 nails
- Two 4″ hinges
- One bearing – available from a home improvement store or auto parts store
- Prize Wheel Hub Wheel Assembly from American Gaming Supply Part #AGS-442222 or other casino game suppliers
- Flapper bolt (called a Prize Wheel Flapper Bolt) available from American Gaming Supply Part # AGS99-0039
- Flapper (called a Prize Wheel Universal Flapper 1 x 1/4 x 7 at American Gaming Supply Part # AGS40-0004
- 1/4 Inch Pin With Vinyl Tip, Washers & Lock Nut available from American Gaming Supply Part #AGS-0008
- Paint as needed
Please note: I have listed the carnival wheel parts above from American Gaming Supply, but you may want to source the parts from other suppliers in the Carnival Game Suppliers list, as AGS can be very expensive.