Player throws three rings, attempting to ring a cane. One ring on a cane wins.
This game consists of a table, made from pegboard, a wood frame and wooden legs. The canes are made from wooden dowels and shaker pegs.
The Game Board/Table
The pegboard that makes up the game is 48″ long by 24″ wide.
The pegboard is framed by a 2″ board, top and bottom.
The legs are called “Parson’s table legs” and are 14″ long and measure 1.75″ x 1.75″. A hole is drilled and a hanger bolt is screwed into the top of the leg.
4 Straight Top Plates (to hold the legs) are attached to the bottom of the table, one in each corner.
The canes are made of 1/4″ wooden dowel, 36″ long. The shaker pegs are drilled in the bottom, a little bit bigger than 1/4″.
The shaker peg is then glued onto the dowel.
- One 48″ x 24″ sheet of 1/4″ pegboard
- 24 feet of 3″ pine board (3/4″ inch thick)
- 50 1/4″ wooden dowels
- 50 shaker pegs, available in craft stores
- 4 Parson’s table legs (1.75″ x 1.75″)
- 4 Straight Top Plates, available in Home Depot (Waddell Mfg Part # 2751)
- Paint as needed
- Wood glue
- 1.5″ screws
- 3 plastic rings (1.5″ to 3.5″) available from carnival supply companies or craft stores